Watersports in Maldives
Within the protective walls of the coral reefs, the Maldives' shallow lagoons are perfect for a full range of water sports. Never more than waist deep for hundreds of meters out from the shore and with no waves or tides, the sea is calm and warm. You can try your hand at wind surfing, sailing in a maneuverable mini-catamaran, speeding along on waterskis, or rising gracefully into the air under a parasail.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe