Yu Kee Bak Kut Teh
Yu Kee Bak Kut Teh Review
Located along Gaya Street, this scruffy stall serves what is argued by many to be the best bowl of bak kut teh. Literally translated as "pork bone tea," this Chinese dish is a staple through much of Malaysia. The soup, filled with meaty pork ribs and a long list of herbs and spices, is served with rice and strips of fried dough. For those interested in tasting more than just ribs, the pork liver, pork belly, and various other intestines are available as well. Plastic tables are set up on the street outside and all of the offerings go down well with a large bottle of Tiger beer.
- Address: 74 Jalan Gaya, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah 88000
- Phone: 60/88221192
- Location: Kota Kinabalu
- No credit cards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We planned our trip to Bandhavgarh and Khajuraho after our friends visited and the way they narrated their experience was really tempting. Read more
Three families traveled to the island of Borneo in July 2012 for an incredible 2 week wildlife adventure. Read more
So, I finally have our itinerary set. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more