Nan Guang Coffee Shop
Nan Guang Coffee Shop Review
Loyal eaters of laksa, a spicy noodle soup from the Peranakan culture, will travel near and far in search of the best bowl. One place you will find many of these pilgrims returning to and raving about is Kim Laksa at the Nan Guang Coffee Shop. The stall outside the scruffy, open-air dining area prepares two types of laksa: the Asam uses tamarind to make a more sour soup; and the Siam is rich with coconut milk and lemongrass. Tropical fruit and nutmeg juices are prepared fresh, along with durian—the Malaysian "King of Fruits"—and mangosteen to enjoy for dessert.
- Address: 67 Main Rd., Balik Pulau, Penang 11000
- Location: Penang
- No credit cards.
- Closed Wed.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We planned our trip to Bandhavgarh and Khajuraho after our friends visited and the way they narrated their experience was really tempting. Read more
Three families traveled to the island of Borneo in July 2012 for an incredible 2 week wildlife adventure. Read more
So, I finally have our itinerary set. Read more
· News & Features
With Art Basel Miami now in town, it's prime time to consider the 7 reasons why you should be taking a ... Read more
New York City offers irresistible retail therapy during the holiday season.... Read more
Next year, crazed soccer fans the world will descend upon Brazil, host of the 2014 World Cup.... Read more