Nan Guang Coffee Shop
Nan Guang Coffee Shop Review
Loyal eaters of laksa, a spicy noodle soup from the Peranakan culture, will travel near and far in search of the best bowl. One place you will find many of these pilgrims returning to and raving about is Kim Laksa at the Nan Guang Coffee Shop. The stall outside the scruffy, open-air dining area prepares two types of laksa: the Asam uses tamarind to make a more sour soup; and the Siam is rich with coconut milk and lemongrass. Tropical fruit and nutmeg juices are prepared fresh, along with durian—the Malaysian "King of Fruits"—and mangosteen to enjoy for dessert.
- Address: 67 Main Rd., Balik Pulau, Penang 11000
- Location: Penang
- No credit cards.
- Closed Wed.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I went with a group of colleagues to climb Mt Kinabalu last year. Read more
Here are travelogues of our trip to Malaysia and Thailand this summer:
As usual long and very detailed. The Read more
Planning another trip to Asia starting in Oct. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more