Nan Guang Coffee Shop
Nan Guang Coffee Shop Review
Loyal eaters of laksa, a spicy noodle soup from the Peranakan culture, will travel near and far in search of the best bowl. One place you will find many of these pilgrims returning to and raving about is Kim Laksa at the Nan Guang Coffee Shop. The stall outside the scruffy, open-air dining area prepares two types of laksa: the Asam uses tamarind to make a more sour soup; and the Siam is rich with coconut milk and lemongrass. Tropical fruit and nutmeg juices are prepared fresh, along with durian—the Malaysian "King of Fruits"—and mangosteen to enjoy for dessert.
- Address: 67 Main Rd., Balik Pulau, Penang 11000
- Location: Penang
- No credit cards.
- Closed Wed.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Mr frogoutofwater and I just got back from a wonderful, 50th birthday trip to Malaysian Borneo and Singapore. Read more
I went with a group of colleagues to climb Mt Kinabalu last year. Read more
Hi there ! Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more