Filipino Market Review
Right by Le Meridien hotel, KK's Filipino Market—formally known as Kota Kinabalu Handicraft Centre—is a maze of stalls, selling a range of crafts and souvenirs from around the region. Look out for traditional woven baskets, dry-food goods, and cultured pearls. Follow your nose and you'll be led to fish and prawns being grilled slowly over little gas stoves and numerous other vendors preparing scrumptious snacks. Evening is the best time to visit.
- Address: Jalan Tun Fuad Stepfens, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
- Location: Kota Kinabalu
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I went with a group of colleagues to climb Mt Kinabalu last year. Read more
Here are travelogues of our trip to Malaysia and Thailand this summer:
As usual long and very detailed. The Read more
My friend and I are planning a trip to SEA, we have 24 days of trip, we are flying to KL in mid May.
Our plan is to visit Cambodia and East Malaysia, and on the last 10 days we will be Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more