Pulau Payar Marine Park
Pulau Payar Marine Park Review
Avid divers and snorkeling enthusiasts can jump on a catamaran or speed boat to travel 19 nautical miles off the southern tip of Langkawi to Pulau Payar Marine Park. Made up of four islands, the park was established in 1985 as the first marine park in Malaysia. A floating platform off of Pulau Payar houses an underwater observation chamber to view the marine life surrounding the reef—perfect even for nonswimmers. Everyone else can dive under and get a first-hand look at various types of coral and brightly colored fish. Langkawi Coral is one of the main tour operators for the park and can help organize day trips.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Mr frogoutofwater and I just got back from a wonderful, 50th birthday trip to Malaysian Borneo and Singapore. Read more
I went with a group of colleagues to climb Mt Kinabalu last year. Read more
Hi there ! Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more