Gurney Drive Hawker Center
Gurney Drive Hawker Center Review
Along with being a prime spot to catch the sunset along the coast, Gurney Drive is key for those hunting down hawker fare and classic Penang dishes. Stalls are set up one after the other, each specializing in a unique dish. Try the char kway teo (stir-fry flat rice noodles with whole prawns), popiah (fresh spring roll), and Penang rojak (a tart fruit-and-vegetable salad mixed with crushed peanut and shrimp-paste sauce). All stalls are self-service, and plastic tables and stools are set up in the center for diners to claim as they wish.
- Address: Persiaran Gurney, Between Sunrise Tower and Gurney Plaza Georgetown, Penang 10250
- Location: Penang
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I went with a group of colleagues to climb Mt Kinabalu last year. Read more
Here are travelogues of our trip to Malaysia and Thailand this summer:
As usual long and very detailed. The Read more
My friend and I are planning a trip to SEA, we have 24 days of trip, we are flying to KL in mid May.
Our plan is to visit Cambodia and East Malaysia, and on the last 10 days we will be Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more