The Datai Langkawi
At a Glance
- luxurious suites and villas
- lush rainforest setting
- private beach
- beach can get dirty
Check Rates from our Partners
The Datai Langkawi Review
Often praised as the most luxurious stay on Langkawi, the Datai is a mélange of suites and villas crafted from local materials all immersed in a lush rainforest. Rooms are kept tastefully simple with hardwood flooring, calm shades of beige and brown, and comfortable furniture for lounging. Lit at night by glowing torches, the winding paths lead guests throughout the resort, past the four restaurants, two pools, and down to the private beach. Avid golfers can spend the day on the exclusive 18-hole championship course, and adventure-seekers can borrow a mountain bike and explore the coast. Those seeking relaxation should stop by the top-notch spa.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I went with a group of colleagues to climb Mt Kinabalu last year. Read more
Here are travelogues of our trip to Malaysia and Thailand this summer:
As usual long and very detailed. The Read more
My friend and I are planning a trip to SEA, we have 24 days of trip, we are flying to KL in mid May.
Our plan is to visit Cambodia and East Malaysia, and on the last 10 days we will be Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more