El Centro Review
Serving a mix of Western and local fare, El Centro attracts a range of tourists and expats with open-mic sessions, quiz nights, and arts events. The open storefront allows for those cocktail-in-hand minglers to spill out onto the street, while diners can take a seat at one of the tables made from repurposed driftwood, under lights made from old jars. The menu includes everything from tacos and Caesar salad to fried mee hoon and laksa. Katie, the owner, is sharing recipes she has picked up throughout her travels. As a former tour guide, she's a great asset to those looking for advice about travels around Borneo.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I went with a group of colleagues to climb Mt Kinabalu last year. Read more
Here are travelogues of our trip to Malaysia and Thailand this summer:
As usual long and very detailed. The Read more
My friend and I are planning a trip to SEA, we have 24 days of trip, we are flying to KL in mid May.
Our plan is to visit Cambodia and East Malaysia, and on the last 10 days we will be Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more