El Centro Review
Serving a mix of Western and local fare, El Centro attracts a range of tourists and expats with open-mic sessions, quiz nights, and arts events. The open storefront allows for those cocktail-in-hand minglers to spill out onto the street, while diners can take a seat at one of the tables made from repurposed driftwood, under lights made from old jars. The menu includes everything from tacos and Caesar salad to fried mee hoon and laksa. Katie, the owner, is sharing recipes she has picked up throughout her travels. As a former tour guide, she's a great asset to those looking for advice about travels around Borneo.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Mr frogoutofwater and I just got back from a wonderful, 50th birthday trip to Malaysian Borneo and Singapore. Read more
I went with a group of colleagues to climb Mt Kinabalu last year. Read more
Hi there ! Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more