El Centro Review
Serving a mix of Western and local fare, El Centro attracts a range of tourists and expats with open-mic sessions, quiz nights, and arts events. The open storefront allows for those cocktail-in-hand minglers to spill out onto the street, while diners can take a seat at one of the tables made from repurposed driftwood, under lights made from old jars. The menu includes everything from tacos and Caesar salad to fried mee hoon and laksa. Katie, the owner, is sharing recipes she has picked up throughout her travels. As a former tour guide, she's a great asset to those looking for advice about travels around Borneo.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I went with a group of colleagues to climb Mt Kinabalu last year. Read more
Here are travelogues of our trip to Malaysia and Thailand this summer:
As usual long and very detailed. The Read more
Planning another trip to Asia starting in Oct. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more