At a Glance
- tranquil and romantic setting
- spectacular views
- limited seating at the pool
- grounds could use better upkeep
- deck furniture needs updating
Check Rates from our Partners
Malihom's name, which translates to "village of the fragrant rice" in Thai, was inspired by the nine traditional rice storage barns brought over from Chang Mai to serve as this eco-retreat's guestrooms. Set up on the southern end of Penang, atop high hills, the small hotel has a tranquil setting offering views of the mountains, sea, city, and lush forest valleys. Yoga and spa sessions can be organized, and each barn has a private garden that's a nice perch for bird-watching. The rates include three daily meals made fresh with seasonal produce.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I went with a group of colleagues to climb Mt Kinabalu last year. Read more
Here are travelogues of our trip to Malaysia and Thailand this summer:
As usual long and very detailed. The Read more
My friend and I are planning a trip to SEA, we have 24 days of trip, we are flying to KL in mid May.
Our plan is to visit Cambodia and East Malaysia, and on the last 10 days we will be Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more