Using the name of the Malay word for sesame, Bijan is a top pick for many KLites when choosing where to take out-of-towners to sample authentic local cuisine. Head chef Zulkifli Razali brings a haute touch to classic Malay dishes, such as rendang daging (a dry meat curry) and kerabu pucuk paku (fiddlehead fern salad). Book a spot on the chef's Saturday morning tours through Chow Kit's markets to discover many of the quintessential ingredients of Malay cooking. Note that homemade ice cream is served in local flavors, including the "king of fruits," durian, so save room for dessert.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thank you, Fodorites, for all the pre-trip advice and the wonderful trip reports that you have recently posted. Our wonderful trip to Bor... Read more
Mr frogoutofwater and I just got back from a wonderful, 50th birthday trip to Malaysian Borneo and Singapore. I don't plan to write a detai... Read more