Using the name of the Malay word for sesame, Bijan is a top pick for many KLites when choosing where to take out-of-towners to sample authentic local cuisine. Head chef Zulkifli Razali brings a haute touch to classic Malay dishes, such as rendang daging (a dry meat curry) and kerabu pucuk paku (fiddlehead fern salad). Book a spot on the chef's Saturday morning tours through Chow Kit's markets to discover many of the quintessential ingredients of Malay cooking. Note that homemade ice cream is served in local flavors, including the "king of fruits," durian, so save room for dessert.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Mr frogoutofwater and I just got back from a wonderful, 50th birthday trip to Malaysian Borneo and Singapore. Read more
I went with a group of colleagues to climb Mt Kinabalu last year. Read more
Hi there ! Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more