Using the name of the Malay word for sesame, Bijan is a top pick for many KLites when choosing where to take out-of-towners to sample authentic local cuisine. Head chef Zulkifli Razali brings a haute touch to classic Malay dishes, such as rendang daging (a dry meat curry) and kerabu pucuk paku (fiddlehead fern salad). Book a spot on the chef's Saturday morning tours through Chow Kit's markets to discover many of the quintessential ingredients of Malay cooking. Note that homemade ice cream is served in local flavors, including the "king of fruits," durian, so save room for dessert.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I went with a group of colleagues to climb Mt Kinabalu last year. Read more
Here are travelogues of our trip to Malaysia and Thailand this summer:
As usual long and very detailed. The Read more
My friend and I are planning a trip to SEA, we have 24 days of trip, we are flying to KL in mid May.
Our plan is to visit Cambodia and East Malaysia, and on the last 10 days we will be Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more