Kota Kinabalu is safe but petty crime does exist. Use common sense and don't leave bags and bags unattended on the beach. Lock valuables in a hotel safe whenever possible. If you do venture out into the jungle, be wary of monkeys as they love to steal food, cameras, cell phones, and bags.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's