- Eat Your Way Across Asia Malaysian cuisine is a smorgasbord of Indian, Chinese, and Filipino flavors, with delicious influences from neighboring Thailand and Java.
- Swim, Cycle, Repeat In Penang, take a dip in the ocean before cruising around the shop house-lined streets of colonial Georgetown.
- Hike Mount Kinabalu This UNESCO World Heritage site is among Southeast Asia's highest; its peaks offer gorgeous, sweeping views.
- Take Advantage of the Hub. AirAsia's hub is in Kuala Lumpur, which means frequent flights to a bevy of neighboring countries at low, low prices.
- Swing by Singapore. Singapore is a shopper's paradise, and the tiny city-state is just four hours' driving time from Kuala Lumpur.
FODOR'S GO LIST 2015
The top 25 places we think should be on every traveler's radar this year.More