Malaysia Travel Guide
Plan Your Malaysia Vacation
Malaysia is a mosaic of cultures and flavors, combining the best of China, India, and Southeast Asia with smattering of old colonial legacy. Capital city Kuala Lumpur is thoroughly forward-looking, with its gleaming Petronas Towers and immaculate rail transport that's surprisingly not crowded. Its compact size—though giant compared to neighboring Singapore—means you can cycle between Penang's 19th century shop houses in the morning and wander past hawker stalls in KL by night. Eating is a national hobby here; hopefully you'll be contentedly patting your expanding stomach after just a day or two.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Malaysia restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Malaysia
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Mr frogoutofwater and I just got back from a wonderful, 50th birthday trip to Malaysian Borneo and Singapore. Read more
I went with a group of colleagues to climb Mt Kinabalu last year. Read more