- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Taxi and Tuk-Tuk Travel
You can cover Vientiane on foot, but tuk-tuks and jumbos, their larger brethren, are easy to flag down. Be sure to negotiate the price before setting off; you can expect to pay about 20,000 to 40,000 kip for a ride within the city if you are a firm negotiator. Taxis are available, but must be reserved, which you can do through your hotel or at the Morning Market. For day trips outside the city, ask your hotel or guesthouse to book a car with a driver.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's