- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Vientiane's Wattay International Airport is about 4 km (2½ miles) from the city center. You can take a metered taxi from the airport into the city for 60,000 kip; get a taxi voucher from the kiosk in the arrivals hall. The ride to the city center takes about 15 minutes. Alternatively, if you don't have much luggage, walk out of the airport gate and take a tuk-tuk for 40,000 kip.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's