- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
South Along the Mekong
Highway 13 out of Vientiane penetrates as far as the deep south of Laos and the Cambodian border, a distance of 835 km (518 miles). It's paved all the way. The section between Vientiane and Pakse is not noted for sightseeing opportunities, but if you have time you can stop to savor the slow-paced, timeless river life here.
South Along the Mekong at a Glance
Elsewhere in Laos
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's