- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Any travel agency in Pakse can help you charter a boat to Don Khong or Don Khon for about 1,200,000 kip; the trip takes four to five hours. You can charter a boat from Champasak as well.
From Pakse you can take a minibus, arranged at any travel agency or guesthouse, to the boat crossing at either Hai Sai Khun (for Don Khong) or Nakasang (for Don Khon) with tickets for the small boat crossing to the islands included. The journey takes two to three hours and costs 60,000 to 70,000 kip depending which island you go to. Don Daeng is accessed from the Ban Muang pier, the same one as for Champasak.
Boat crossings from the mainland to Don Khon (from Nakasang) cost 20,000 kip and take 15 minutes; to Don Khong (from Hat Sai Khun) it's a five-minute trip and costs 5,000 kip.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's