- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Any travel agency in Pakse can help you charter a boat to Don Khong or Don Khon for about $140; the trip takes four to five hours. You can charter a boat from Champasak as well.
From Pakse you can take a minibus, arranged at any travel agency or guesthouse, to the boat crossing at either Hai Sai Khun (for Don Khong) or Nakasang (for Don Khon). The journey takes two to three hours and costs 60,000 kip.
Boat crossings from the mainland to Don Khon (from Nakasang) cost 20,000 kip and take 15 minutes; to Don Khong (from Hat Sai Khun) it's a 5-minute trip and costs 5,000 kip.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Indochina Experience IExplore
- Intriguing Indochina (18-Day) IExplore
- Thailand & Laos Experience — $5,439 IExplore
- Intriguing Indochina (22-Day) — $10,250 IExplore
- Intriguing Indochina (18-Day) — $7,995 IExplore