At a Glance
- centrally located
- great Mekong views from some rooms
- restaurant is a great spot with good food
- very expensive for Huay Xai
- river-facing rooms get very hot in the afternoon
- often packed with noisy tour groups
Check Rates from our Partners
Riverside Houayxay Review
For a convenient night's rest just next to the Lao immigration and the boat to Chiang Khong, Thailand, the Riverside is a decent choice. All rooms come with a/c, TV, hot water, and minibars. Fourteen of the wood-floor rooms have Mekong views, the location is smack in the middle of town, and the adjoining restaurant is probably the best option for a decent meal with a view. For some reason, rooms booked via a travel agent are a far better deal than walk-in, so either call ahead or see if an agent across the river will set you up before crossing.
- Address: 168 Centre Rd., Huay Xai
- Phone: 084/211064; 020/54202222
- Location: River Journey to Huay Xai
- 40 rooms
- Rate includes no meals.