- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Who would ever have thought that some of the best food in Laos would be found in remote Phonsavan, and Indian food at that! Yet hole-in-the-wall Nisha serves up some fantastic Indian cuisine, thanks to its amiable owners from Tamil Nadu (whose family runs branches in Luang Prabang and Vang Vieng). An entire chicken tikka or tandoori costs only 25,000 kip, but we recommend the chicken lessani, marinated overnight in yogurt and spices. A full vegetarian menu is also on tap. Located at the east end of Phonsavan's main street.
- Address: Xaysana Rd., Phonsavan
- Phone: 020/5569–8140
- Location: Plain of Jars
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I visited Myanmar in Jan 2014. Read more
My husband and I spent 9 days in Myanmar this past December. Read more
I am reading more and more incidents online where these BLS guys have lost(?? Stolen??) passports of US citizens given to them for visa and other services. lots of complaints online with similar 'lost passport' Read more
· News & Features
Laos will surprise most any traveler with its endless draws, from isolated beaches to wildlife-filled ... Read more
In a new marketing stunt, Heineken asked random travelers at JFK to "drop everything" and fly to a random,... Read more
River cruises can offer a whole new way to see an exotic locale.... Read more