- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Who would ever have thought that some of the best food in Laos would be found in remote Phonsavan, and Indian food at that! Yet hole-in-the-wall Nisha serves up some fantastic Indian cuisine, thanks to its amiable owners from Tamil Nadu (whose family runs branches in Luang Prabang and Vang Vieng). An entire chicken tikka or tandoori costs only 25,000 kip, but we recommend the chicken lessani, marinated overnight in yogurt and spices. A full vegetarian menu is also on tap. Located at the east end of Phonsavan's main street.
- Address: Xaysana Rd., Phonsavan
- Phone: 020/5569–8140
- Location: Plain of Jars
- No credit cards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We recently returned from a nine day/10 night trip to Hong Kong and Macau to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and a (ahem) milestone birthday. Read more
Just got back from a 1 week trip to Japan: Tokyo>Kyoto>Osaka>Nara>Hiroshima>Miyajima
(Nov 20 -27) Fall colors were at their peak everywhere it seemed. Read more
DH and I spent 3 weeks in Japan from Nov.1-Noiv. 22. By way of introduction, we are both retired, and have traveled extensively over the past 40 years, sometimes on tours and sometimes on our own. With Read more
· News & Features
Laos will surprise most any traveler with its endless draws, from isolated beaches to wildlife-filled ... Read more
In a new marketing stunt, Heineken asked random travelers at JFK to "drop everything" and fly to a random,... Read more
River cruises can offer a whole new way to see an exotic locale.... Read more