Laos Sights

Advertisement

Guidebooks

Wat Si Muang Review

This wat, built in 1956, guards the original city pillar, a revered foundation stone dating to the 16th century. In a small park in front of the monastery stands a rare memorial to Laos's royal past: a large bronze statue of King Sisavang Vong.

    Contact Information

  • Address: Setthathirat Rd. and Samsenthai Rd., Vientiane
  • Phone: No phone
  • Cost: Free
  • Hours: Daily 7–5
  • Location: Vientiane
Updated: 03-22-2013

Fodorite Reviews

Be the first to review this property

Advertisement

Travel Deals in Laos

View all travel deals
* Some taxes, fees additional

View more trip reports

View more travel discussions

· News & Features

View more blog stories