- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Villa Muong Khong Hotel
At a Glance
- fantastic location at quiet end of village
- owners can arrange boat trips to nearby sights, peaceful area good for relaxing on the Mekong
- not much to do in area, scenic countryside requires a long bike ride
- dirty shower curtains
Check Rates from our Partners
Villa Muong Khong Hotel Review
At this friendly family-run hotel on the island of Don Khong you live alongside local Lao fisherfolk. Rooms are not glamorous, but the location is superb—though it is a bit of a walk from the main boat dock. Not surprisingly, Mekong fish figures prominently at the hotel's open-air restaurant.
- Address: Don Khong Island,
- Phone: 031/213011
- Location: Si Phan Don
- 52 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Laos will surprise most any traveler with its endless draws, from isolated beaches to wildlife-filled ... Read more
In a new marketing stunt, Heineken asked random travelers at JFK to "drop everything" and fly to a random,... Read more
River cruises can offer a whole new way to see an exotic locale.... Read more