Khop Chai Deu
Khop Chai Deu Review
A French-colonial structure houses this very popular downtown restaurant and bar, which serves as an excellent meeting point for happy-hour cocktails or dinner. The long menu is crammed with Lao, Asian, and international dishes, and a daily buffet is also served. For a tasty introduction to traditional Lao cuisine, try the Lao Discovery, a set menu including larb, a semi-spicy salad; tom yum, a sour chili-and-lemongrass fish soup; khao niaw, Lao sticky rice; and a glass of lao-lao (rice whiskey). Draft beer is on tap, live music plays in the bar nightly, and the kitchen is open until 11 pm.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's