- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
In a fading mansion one block southeast of Nam Phu Square, this is one of Vientiane's best Lao restaurants. The food is quite good, and the vast menu ranges from mok pa fork (banana-leaf-wrapped steamed fish cooked with eggs, onions, and coconut milk) to gaeng panaeng (a thick red curry with chicken, pork, or beef). Servings are small, so most people order several entrées or set menus with seven to nine dishes, plus dessert and coffee. Photos and English descriptions facilitate the ordering process. There's Lao folk dancing nightly from 7 to 9.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I'm interested in trekking. Read more
· News & Features
Laos will surprise most any traveler with its endless draws, from isolated beaches to wildlife-filled ... Read more
In a new marketing stunt, Heineken asked random travelers at JFK to "drop everything" and fly to a random,... Read more
River cruises can offer a whole new way to see an exotic locale.... Read more