- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Pak Huay Mixay
Pak Huay Mixay Review
Mok Pa, steamed fish with spices wrapped in a banana leaf is the dish of choice at this long-established Asian restaurant, a favorite with locals. Enjoy other Lao dishes, such as tom yum soup (with lemongrass, coriander, chilies, and chicken or fish), or sai oua, Luang Prabang sausage, and end your meal with a glass of lao-lao.
- Address: 75/6 Sothikhoummane Rd., Ban Xieng Muan Luang Prabang
- Phone: 071/212260; 020/551–1496
- Location: Luang Prabang
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
After much planning with you Fodorites and Tonkin Travel, Tom and I were ready for a romantic trip to Vietnam, with a quick side-trip to Cambodia. Read more
Tomorrow I'm off to Thailand on trip #34 to BKK since 2001. Read more
I am looking for a hotel in Hong Kong the last week in August. Read more
· News & Features
Laos will surprise most any traveler with its endless draws, from isolated beaches to wildlife-filled ... Read more
In a new marketing stunt, Heineken asked random travelers at JFK to "drop everything" and fly to a random,... Read more
River cruises can offer a whole new way to see an exotic locale.... Read more