Maly Restaurant Review
Housed in the hotel of the same name, the Maly serves a large selection of both Lao and Western dishes, which are surprisingly good given Phonsavan's remoteness. Staples include different kinds of larb and decent curries, along with some Western dishes. You can also try matsutake mushrooms here, pine mushrooms that are widely grown in the area and are considered a delicacy. It's about a kilometer or two south of the main road, so take a tuk-tuk.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's