- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Laos Restaurant Reviews
For such a sleepy, somewhat-off-the-beaten-path country, Laos has some excellent dining options. Choices in Luang Prabang and Vientiane are endless (high-end French restaurants, Japanese, Thai, Indian, and pizza, not to mention fantastic bakeries and coffee shops). In smaller spots you may have to make do with sticky rice and grilled meats or fish, but most towns do have at least one or two fancier places with decent menus. Lao food is similar to Thai, but not quite as spicy or varied. Vietnamese pho noodles can be found in most spots, and the same goes for baguette sandwich vendors, which are a convenient option for bus trips.
Browse Laos Restaurants
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's