- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Songthaews travel here from the Dao Heuang Market in Pakse three times each morning (two hours; 30,000 kip). Minibuses can be arranged via guesthouses and travel agencies in Pakse for 60,000 kip. While most tour agency minibuses take the road toward the 4,000 Islands and drop you off at the Ban Muang boat pier on the east bank of the Mekong, a new road down the west side cuts out the need for a boat ride across if coming via local songthaew. A car with a driver can be hired from all tour agencies in Pakse for about 500,000 kip. Tuk-tuks run to Wat Phu from Champasak for 10,000 kip per person.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's