- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
All the major cities and most of the towns listed here will have at least a basic choice of car-rental outlets. If you know a little Japanese and can handle both middle-of-nowhere navigation and hectic urban traffic situations, you might consider renting a car and exploring western Honshu at your own pace—but you'll also need a good Japanese map atlas or GPS in your car.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe