- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
You won't likely need highway buses, except for making the one-hour run between Yamaguchi and Hagi (knocking three hours off the train-travel time). Two companies operate bus routes: JR and Bocho bus lines. Japan Rail Passes are only valid for use on the JR buses.
Bocho Bus Center. 0856/72-0272.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Special deal: 3.5-Star Daiwa Roynet Okayama Ekimae Fr $218+/Nt Save with Expedia, $44/night less
- Small budget: Book Okayama City Koseicho 3 Nts in May Fr $93+/Nt Expedia
- Save in Hiroshima: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $73+/Nt — $73 Expedia
- Book 3-Star Apa Hiroshima Ekimae in Hiroshima Fr $93+/Nt — $93 Expedia
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Hiroshima Fr $125+/Nt — $125 Expedia