At a Glance
- rooftop bath
- great multicourse meals
- frog-song lullabies in season
- in a very remote place
- no private baths
Check Rates from our Partners
Tsuwano Lodge Review
Relax and revel in style at this lodge tucked among the rice paddies and bamboo groves along the way to the Washibara Hachiman-gu Shrine. The owners are friendly (but don't speak much English), the rooms are basic but tasteful, and the food is diverse, healthful, and prepared with flair. Perhaps best of all, there's a rooftop rotemburo (outdoor bath) full of sulfur- and calcium-laden water that's good for the skin, hair, and nails. Rent a bicycle to explore the nearby countryside. If you know your arrival time in advance, call ahead and the owner will gladly pick you up at the station.
- Address: Ushihara Guchi 345, Kanoashi-gun, Tsuwano, Shimane-ken, 699-5613
- Phone: 0856/72–1683
- Location: Tsuwano
- 8 Japanese-style rooms without bath
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello, Well, I've been back for a couple of months now, so I better put out a trip report before my next vacation coming up next w... Read more
26.03.14 After 10 hrs flight from Copenhagen, arrival at the Narita Airport, Tokyo. Arrival ahead of time. We wait for our two frie... Read more