- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
At a Glance
- unbeatable access to everything this city has to offer
- private balcony tubs put you in the lap of luxury
- 10-minute walk to bus stop
Check Rates from our Partners
Naniwa Issui Review
A swanky ryokan near the Matsue Shinji-ko Onsen Station (for easy access to the shrine of Izumo Taisha), Naniwa Issui is envied for its amazing views out over the big lake—and for its hot spring. The seven mind-blowing deluxe rooms on the fourth floor have private tubs to soak in out on the balconies. Naniwa offers impeccable service and serves fabulous Matsue seafood. In season, the delightful lounge-side garden becomes a beer and cocktail patio.
- Address: 63 Chidori-cho, Matsue, 690-0852
- Phone: 0852/21–4132
- Location: Matsue
- 29 Japanese-style rooms.
- Rate includes some meals.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more