- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
KuShuKuShu (9494) Review
Feeling a bit restless? Want to get out of the ryokan or hotel? Want something different to eat but are afraid that there is no nightlife in old Bikan-Chiku town? You'll be happy to be wrong, and happy to find this lively little izakaya (traditional restaurant) that has been a Kurashiki favorite for 22 years. Cool music and loud laughter can be heard from here when all else on the streets is locked up tight. Unwind to an eclectic mix of traditional white stucco, black wooden beams, bright lights, and jazz. Though the staff doesn't speak English, an English menu is available. Scores of tasty à la carte snacks, such as grilled meats or cheese and salami plates—and low-priced beer and sake—add to the fun. It's tucked along the east side of the covered Ebisu-dori shopping arcade halfway between the station and Kanryu-ji.
- Address: 2-16-41 Achi, Kurashiki, 710-0055
- Phone: 086/421-0949
- Location: Kurashiki
- No credit cards.
- No lunch.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3599 -- Japan: 8-Night, 3-City Tour w/Air, Save $400 Friendly Planet Travel
We are back, and I am jotting down a few things quickly while my mind is still fresh.
First off: thanks to the many Japanophiles here on Fodors who infected us with their enthusiasm: hawaiiantraveller, Read more
Hokkaido, northern island is an amazing destination. Read more
This October, my husband and I are stopping off Narita for 11 days on our way back to USA from Taipei. Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more