- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Aoki Sushi Review
An old-fashioned sushi restaurant with a few tables on tatami mats and a long bar counter with stools, the rustic Aoki has a cheerful staff and reasonable prices. It's also within easy walking distance of Tsuwano Station. Try the jyo-nigiri (deluxe sushi set); it will likely include a slice or two of tasty, chewy koi, or local carp. That and a frosty mug of beer set you back only ¥1,900. The restaurant stays open until 10 pm.
- Address: 78–10 Ushioroda, Kanoashi-gun Tsuwano, 699-5605
- Phone: 0856/72–0444
- Location: Tsuwano
- No credit cards.
- Closed Tues.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
I am leaving on a trip to Japan, China, Myanmar and Thailand on March 28 for one month and need to be able to call the US. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more