- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
The Matsue Tourist Information Office is outside JR Matsue Station and open daily 9-6. You can collect free maps and brochures and use the Internet (also for free). The Shimane Tourist Association offers a substantial discount of 30% to 50% for foreigners at nine of its tourist attractions; the current list includes the castle and four museums. You need only present your passport or foreigner's registration card at the entrance to these places.
San-in Godo Bank (10 Uomachi, Matsue, Shimane-ken, 690-0062. 0852/55–1111.)
Shimane Bank (2–35 Tohon-cho, Matsue, 690-0003. 0852/24–4000.)
Matsue Tourist Information Office (665 Asahi-machi, Matsue, 690-0003. 0852/21–4034.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe