Getting Here and Around in Izumo Taisha
Getting Here and Around
The shrine is most easily seen on a day trip from Matsue, and the easiest way is to go from Matsue Shinji-ko Onsen Station. Buses run often between it and Matsue Station for ¥200. It takes one hour on the Ichibata Dentetsu (electric railway; ¥790) from Matsue Shinji-ko Onsen Station. After about 50 minutes you'll need to change trains at Kawato Station for the final 10-minute leg to Izumo Taisha-mae Station. You can also get there by taking the JR train from Matsue Station to JR Izumo Station, then transferring to the Ichibata Bus for a 30-minute ride, ¥490, to the Izumo Taisha Seimon stop.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's