- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Getting Here and Around
The fastest way to Hagi is by JR bus (Rail Pass accepted), crossing the mountains in just one hour for ¥1,680 from Yamaguchi City. The bus departs from the front of the train station. A JR bus also leaves from the Shinkansen Exit of Shin-Yamaguchi for an 80-minute ride for ¥1,970. Buses run one per hour between 6 am and 7 pm. Some buses stop at Hagi Station, the Hagi Bus Center, or Higashi-Hagi Station; all stop at the last two. Return buses follow the same plan. The ideal way to explore Hagi is by bicycle, and you can rent a bike for between ¥800 and ¥1,000 per day near the stations or shopping arcades. A local bus system (red bus) loops around town for ¥100 a ride or ¥500 for a full day.
City information is available from English-speaking staff at the Hagi City Tourist Bureau next to Hagi Station. For local information at Higashi-Hagi Station, try Hagi Tourist Office in the building to the left of the station, on the left side of the shopping arcade. The City Tourist Office is downtown in Hagi City Hall.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe