Assistance in English is available 24 hours a day on the toll-free Japan Helpline.
The following embassy and consulate is open weekdays, with one- to two-hour closings for lunch. Call for exact hours.
U.S. Embassy and Consulate. 1-10-5 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Toranomon, 107-8420. 03/3224-5000. tokyo.usembassy.gov. Namboku Line, Tameike-Sanno Station [Exit 13].
General Emergency Contacts
Ambulance and Fire. 119.
Japan Helpline. 0120/46-1997 or 0570/00-0911.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3599 -- Japan: 8-Night, 3-City Tour w/Air, Save $400 Friendly Planet Travel
- Imperial Japan IExplore
- Imperial Japan — $9,975 IExplore