Rates for the top foreign and domestic chains are generally in the ¥30,000–¥60,000 range (and could even go a bit higher). Business hotel rooms, with far fewer amenities, are available for under ¥20,000. A minshuku provides Japanese-style lodging and meals for roughly ¥8,000. The ryokan offers stays for between ¥10,000 and ¥30,000 that includes use of the onsen. Shoestring travelers head to hostels where a night's stay costs around ¥3,000. Capsule hotels are similarly priced.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe