The best way to book major chain hotels is through the company's Web site. The Web sites for smaller business hotels and ryokan usually lack English content online. Travel sites, such as Rakuten (travel.rakuten.co.jp/en), can assist booking these hotels. Welcome Inns (www.itcj.jp), a Japan National Tourist Organization affiliate, lists low-priced hotels in Tokyo and across the country. We highly recommend making your Tokyo hotel reservation before you arrive. Should this be impossible, head to a tourist office at the airport or major rail station for assistance.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3599 -- Japan: 8-Night, 3-City Tour w/Air, Save $400 Friendly Planet Travel
- Imperial Japan IExplore
- Imperial Japan — $9,975 IExplore