- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Exploring Ueno can be one excursion or two: an afternoon of cultural browsing or a full day of cultural discoveries in one of the great centers of the city. Avoid Monday, when most of the museums are closed. Ueno out of doors is no fun at all in February or the rainy season (late June-mid-July); mid-August can be brutally hot and muggy. In April, the cherry blossoms of Ueno Koen are glorious.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe