- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Deluxe hotels charge a premium for good-size rooms, lots of perks, great service, and central locations. More-affordable hotels aren't always in the most convenient places, and have disproportionately small rooms as well as fewer amenities. That said, a less-than-ideal location should be the least of your concerns. Many moderately priced accommodations are still within the central hubs; some have an old-fashioned charm and a personal touch the upscale places can't offer. And, wherever you're staying, Tokyo's subway and train system—comfortable (except in rush hours), efficient, inexpensive, and safe—will get you back and forth.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's