- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Assistance in English is available 24 hours a day on the toll-free Japan Helpline.
The following embassy and consulate is open weekdays, with one- to two-hour closings for lunch. Call for exact hours.
U.S. Embassy and Consulate (1-10-5 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 107-8420. 03/3224-5000. japan.usembassy.gov. Subway: Namboku line, Tameike-Sanno Station (Exit 13).)
General Emergency Contacts
Ambulance and Fire (119.)
Japan Helpline (0120/46-1997 or 0570/00-0911.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe