- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Assistance in English is available 24 hours a day on the toll-free Japan Helpline.
The following embassy and consulate is open weekdays, with one- to two-hour closings for lunch. Call for exact hours.
U.S. Embassy and Consulate. 1-10-5 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Toranomon, 107-8420. 03/3224-5000. tokyo.usembassy.gov. Subway: Namboku Line, Tameike-Sanno Station [Exit 13].
General Emergency Contacts
Ambulance and Fire. 119.
Japan Helpline. 0120/46-1997 or 0570/00-0911.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $105* -- One-Way Domestic Flights Across Japan Featured Destination: Japan
- $105 & up -- Japan Vacation Deals; Save up to $600 Featured Destination: Japan
- $874* & up -- Flights to Japan on Sale (R/T, w/Tax) — $874 Featured Destination: Japan