Sights & Attractions in Tokyo
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Things to Do in Kita-Kamakura
The largest of the Zen monasteries in Kamakura, Engaku-ji (Engaku...
In the feudal period, Japan acquired from China a belief in Enma...
In the Five Mountains hierarchy, Jochi-ji (Jochi Temple) was...
Founded in 1250, Kencho-ji (Kencho Temple) was the foremost of...
This temple is also known as Ajisai-dera (the hydrangeas temple)...
A Zen temple of the Rinzai sect, Tokei-ji holds special significance...
Browse All Tokyo Sights
- Akihabara and Jimbo-cho
- Aoyama, Harajuku, and Shibuya
- Downtown Kamakura
- Fuji Go-ko (Fuji Five Lakes)
- Fuji-san (Mt. Fuji)
- Greater Tokyo
- Imperial Palace and Government District
- Iro-zaki (Iro Point)
- Mt. Takao
- Nihombashi, Ginza, and Yuraku-cho
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe