Sights & Attractions in Tokyo
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Things to Do in Tosho-gu
Edo Wonderland, a living-history theme park a short taxi ride...
Nikko's holy ground is far older than the Tokugawa dynasty, in...
Tenkai (1536-1643), the first abbot of Rinno Temple, has his...
Monument to Masasuna Matsudaira
Opposite the Sacred Bridge, at the east entrance to the grounds...
|Memorials / Monuments||Tosho-gu|
This temple belongs to the Tendai sect of Buddhism, the head...
Built in 1636 for shoguns and imperial messengers visiting the...
|Bridges / Tunnels||Tosho-gu|
This grandiose building is the resting place of the third Tokugawa...
With its riot of colors and carvings, inlaid pillars, red-lacquer...
An unhurried visit to the precincts of Tosho-gu should definitely...
|Museums / Galleries||Tosho-gu|
Browse All Tokyo Sights
- Akihabara and Jimbo-cho
- Aoyama, Harajuku, and Shibuya
- Downtown Kamakura
- Fuji Go-ko (Fuji Five Lakes)
- Fuji-Hakone-Izu National Park
- Fuji-san (Mt. Fuji)
- Greater Tokyo
- Imperial Palace and Government District
- Iro-zaki (Iro Point)
- Mt. Takao
- Nihombashi, Ginza, and Yuraku-cho
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3599 -- Japan: 8-Night, 3-City Tour w/Air, Save $400 Friendly Planet Travel