Sights & Attractions in Tokyo
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Things to Do in Asakusa
Several structures in the famous Senso-ji shrine complex survived...
The tiny hillock Benten-yama, with its shrine to the goddess...
Believed to have been made in the 17th century by Kobori Enshu...
Dubbing itself "the old park with a smile," Tokyo's premier retro...
The main entryway to Senso-ji's grounds towers above the ever-present...
In the 19th century, according to local legend, a river ran through...
Even for travelers with little interest in history or temples...
Senso-ji Main Hall
Established in 645, the bright red Main Hall has long been the...
Become a taiko (drum) master for a day as you pound away on the...
|Museums / Galleries||Asakusa|
Browse All Tokyo Sights
- Akihabara and Jimbo-cho
- Aoyama, Harajuku, and Shibuya
- Downtown Kamakura
- Fuji Go-ko (Fuji Five Lakes)
- Fuji-san (Mt. Fuji)
- Greater Tokyo
- Imperial Palace and Government District
- Iro-zaki (Iro Point)
- Mt. Takao
- Nihombashi, Ginza, and Yuraku-cho
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe