- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
There are ATMs and currency-exchange services at Roppongi Hills and Tokyo Midtown, as well as family- and kid-friendly activities, such as small parks and sculpture.
Azabu Juban is a quick visit, and a good place to sit in a café and people-watch. The best time to visit is in August, during the Azabu Juban Summer Festival, one of the biggest festivals in Minato-ku. The streets, which are closed to car traffic, are lined with food vendors selling delicious international fare and drinks. Everyone wears their nicest summer yukatas (robes) and watches live performances. Check the online Minato Monthly newsletter (www.city.minato.tokyo.jp) in August for a list of summer festivals.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe