- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
This fashion "epicenter," designed by Herzog & de Meuron, is one of the most buzzed-about architectural wonders in the city. Its facade is comprised of a mosaic of green glass "bubble" windows: alternating convex and concave panels create distorted reflections of the surrounding area. Many world-renowned, nearby boutiques have tried to replicate the significant impact the Prada building has had on the Omotesando, but none have been unable to match this tower. Most visitors opt for a photo in front of the cavelike entrance that leads into the basement floor.
- Address: 5–2–6 Minami-Aoyama, Minato-ku Aoyama, Tokyo, 107-0062
- Phone: 03/6418–0400
- Hours: Daily 11–8
- Subway: Ginza, Chiyoda, and Hanzo-mon subway lines, Omotesando Station (Exit A5).
- Location: Aoyama, Harajuku, and Shibuya
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
I am planning on going to Japan for ~3 weeks in May. Read more
· News & Features
Tokyo and Kyoto offer more than enough to cater to travelers many interests, whether you're hitting the ... Read more
Japan offers enough ancient architecture, commanding temples, and uninterrupted nature to satisfy you... Read more
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers.... Read more