- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Sushiso Masa Review
Diners here will need a dose of luck—there are only seven counter seats and reservations fill up fast.
Another thing you'll need: a full wallet. High-end sushi comes at a pretty price. But for the few that manage to cross those two hurdles, Sushiso Masa offers a sublime experience. The interior is unpretentious, putting the focus squarely on the gorgeous presentations for each course. But what really sets this apart from other upscale sushi spots is the extreme quality of the cuts of fish, and the garnishes that use incredibly rare ingredients, such as zha cai (pickled stem of the mustard plant).
- Address: B1F Seven Nishi-Azabu Bldg., 4–1–15 Nishi-Azabu, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 106-0031
- Phone: 03/3499–9178
- Subway: Hibiya subway line, Roppongi Station (Exit 1B); Toei Oedo Line, Roppongi Station (Exit 1A).
- Location: Roppongi
- Reservations essential.
- Closed Mon. No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
I am planning on going to Japan for ~3 weeks in May. Read more
· News & Features
Tokyo and Kyoto offer more than enough to cater to travelers many interests, whether you're hitting the ... Read more
Japan offers enough ancient architecture, commanding temples, and uninterrupted nature to satisfy you... Read more
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers.... Read more