- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Tapas Molecular Bar
Tapas Molecular Bar Review
Occupying a mysterious place between traditional sushi counter, tapas bar, science lab, and magic show, this award-wining restaurant breaks new ground. Chef Koichi Hashimoto trained for two years in Spain at molecular cuisine restaurants such as El Bulli and Restaurante Martín Berasategui as well as at Saint Pau in Tokyo. Here he uses his skill to assemble a small parade of bite-size morsels in surprising texture and flavor combinations. There are only eight seats, and seatings are at 6 and 8:30 only, so reserve as early as possible.
- Address: 38F Mandarin Oriental, 2–1–1 Nihonbashi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, 103-8328
- Phone: 03/3270–8188
- Website: www.mandarinoriental.com/tokyo/dining/molecular
- Subway: Ginza subway line, Mitsukoshi-mae Station (Exit A7).
- Location: Nihombashi
- Reservations essential.
- No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
Looking for itinerary suggestions for a 10 day trip to Tokyo and Kyoto area late March. Read more
· News & Features
Tokyo and Kyoto offer more than enough to cater to travelers many interests, whether you're hitting the ... Read more
Japan offers enough ancient architecture, commanding temples, and uninterrupted nature to satisfy you... Read more
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers.... Read more