- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Tapas Molecular Bar
Tapas Molecular Bar Review
Occupying a mysterious place between traditional sushi counter, tapas bar, science lab, and magic show, this award-wining restaurant breaks new ground. Chef Koichi Hashimoto trained for two years in Spain at molecular cuisine restaurants such as El Bulli and Restaurante Martín Berasategui as well as at Saint Pau in Tokyo. Here he uses his skill to assemble a small parade of bite-size morsels in surprising texture and flavor combinations. There are only eight seats, and seatings are at 6 and 8:30 only, so reserve as early as possible.
- Address: 38F Mandarin Oriental, 2–1–1 Nihonbashi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, 103-8328
- Phone: 03/3270–8188
- Website: www.mandarinoriental.com/tokyo/dining/molecular
- Subway: Ginza subway line, Mitsukoshi-mae Station (Exit A7).
- Location: Nihombashi
- Reservations essential.
- No lunch.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
DH and I spent 3 weeks in Japan from Nov.1-Noiv. 22. By way of introduction, we are both retired, and have traveled extensively over the past 40 years, sometimes on tours and sometimes on our own. With Read more
This was our first trip to Japan. Read more
We have decided to book a flight to japan for next September using miles before uniteds mileage increase kicks in. Read more
· News & Features
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers.... Read more
Whether it's the sushi, the style, or the neon lights that call to you, Tokyo has endless wow factor.... Read more
A cross between Hong Kong and Tokyo, Taipei offers everything from upscale design hotels to themed cafes,... Read more