- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Japanese Phrases
Fuji-Hakone Guest House
At a Glance
- friendly staff
- inexpensive rates
- difficult to access from nearest transportation, especially at night
Check Rates from our Partners
Fuji-Hakone Guest House Review
This small, family-run Japanese inn has simple tatami rooms with the bare essentials. The owners, Mr. and Mrs. Takahashi, speak English and are a great help in planning trips off the beaten path. The inn is between Odawara Station and Togendai; take a bus from the station (Lane 4) and get off at the Senkyoro-mae stop. The family also operates the nearby Moto-Hakone Guest House, which has five Japanese-style rooms that share a typical Japanese-style bath.
- Address: 912 Sengoku-hara, (103 Moto-Hakone for Moto-Hakone Guest House) Hakone-machi, 250-0631 | Map It
- Phone: 0460/84–6577 for Fuji-Hakone; 0460/83–7880 for Moto-Hakone
- Location: Hakone
- 14 Japanese-style rooms without bath in Fuji-Hakone, 5 Japanese-style rooms without bath in Moto-Hakone.
- Rate includes some meals.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now that the flurry of November trip reports has come and gone (they were great!), I figure it’s time for one more, before the reports from spring cherry blossom-viewing visits start to come in. This Read more
After more than a month back from Japan, I’m happy to finally have a bit of a breather that allows me to start a trip report. Read more
Me and my husband will be going to Japan for 2 weeks. Read more
· News & Features
Tokyo and Kyoto offer more than enough to cater to travelers many interests, whether you're hitting the ... Read more
Japan offers enough ancient architecture, commanding temples, and uninterrupted nature to satisfy you... Read more
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers.... Read more